Friday, August 21, 2009

LA Farm Girl Quoted in LA Times

I normally don't do "bragging" posts but this one is not really about me, but about James Hatano, the last farmer left on the Palos Verdes Peninsula. I have talked to him many times and included him in my book and was interviewed about farming on the Peninsula by the Times' reporter, Jeff Gottlieb who did the story that's in today's paper and he included a quote I gave him about the importance of our farms and farmers. It's called, "The Palos Verdes Peninsula's last farmer"


Here's a photo of Hatano Farm from my book.

2 comments:

MaryRuth said...

I saw this yesterday in "the paper" and wanted to tell you about it. It was an interesting story about an interesting farmer. I wish I had been around during those long-ago days.

LA Farm Woman said...

Mary Ruth,

Me too, I think I was a farmer in a prior life! I love Jim Hatano, such a nice man and he works so hard still!