Friday, October 10, 2008

Worthy Project Requesting Support

Hi all,

As you know I usually do not post or talk about things other than farming and local food issues or things you have to vote for, surveys, etc. but I received a request to support this project that will help feed children around the globe. Here's the info. I received from Chessia Kelley, International Medical Corps:

"My organization, International Medical Corps, is in the final 5 of the American Express Members Projects. "Saving the Lives of Malnourished Children" was chosen out of 1,190 projects and is now eligible to receive up to $1.5 million to help feed hungry and malnourished children, but I really need your help to let everyone know to vote for us. We are currently in 4th place and are just a couple of hundred votes out of 3rd. The difference between 3rd & 4th place is $200k. Imagine how many children we could help with that amount?"

You can check out their organization and the project here http://internationalmedicalcorps.smnr.us/.

I do think this is wonderful project but I would also love to see a group focus on the issue here specifically in the US. As I have been writing about, the hunger issue here is increasing and will get worse given our economic issues.

No comments: