Friday, July 11, 2008

Meals on Wheels Needs Fresh Fruit!

Again for those who read both of my blogs, sorry about the repetitive posts but this is very important and I wanted to get the word out to as many people as possible. I received this on my Master Gardener list and thought I'd pass it on in case any of you have extra produce to donate.

Meals on Wheels West out of Santa Monica is interested in receiving fresh fruit to supplement the diets of their home bound disabled and elderly clients.

They say that with the increase in food costs, fruit has been eliminated from the meals prepared by their food suppliers. But, their clients say they want to receive fresh fruit!

They will deliver the fresh fruit within one day of receiving it, so I will be glad to deliver it to them if you get it to me since we are still in the process of organizing The Giving Gardeners more formally. Just drop me an email: farmwriter@californiafamilyfarms.com, or leave a comment here.

Please consider helping. I am also going to be checking with the Meals on Wheels here in the South Bay to see if they would like some fresh fruit as well.

No comments: